Designing, developing and testing enterprise systems, custom software and IT architectures
IT departments are seeking to keep pace with business change while keeping maintenance and other costs low. Our experience in speeding and improving design and testing, optimizing system performance and enabling new applications and legacy systems to work together effectively is helping businesses worldwide realize the potential of their existing IT systems and make intelligent choices about IT expenditures. At the same time, our cutting edge activities in cloud computing are delivering customer value through security, energy efficiency, services enable and cost reductions.
IBM Research Services provides an opportunity for you to partner with leading experts and access unique intellectual property covering a broad range of enterprise systems and IT architectures, from legacy systems to cutting edge software applications. Our experts will work with you to help your business optimize IT performance and lower costs by taking advantage of technology advances while retaining the value of your existing IT investments.
The following is a sampling of the areas Research is working in today and the kinds of expertise we can make available to you through IBM Research Services:
- Business architecture: offering software architecture, artifact-centric process modeling, business integration and business transformation expertise for capturing and simplifying business process requirements, then developing IT solutions that directly satisfy those requirements, including implementations using service oriented architecture (SOA) design principles
- Cloud computing: applying the latest technology developments to help companies reduce costs, increase security and enable new services quickly through the cloud
- Complex IT system design: applying complex modeling, systems engineering, control and optimization techniques to enable legacy systems to interact and support business transformation and complex systems design, particularly relevant to large-scale integration
- Model-driven systems engineering (MDSE) for embedded systems: providing deep expertise across a diverse set of disciplines to introduce new methods and tools to transform Product Life Management by connecting business processes and product data using “smart models”
- Quality and performance: providing diagnostic and quality testing expertise and tools to detect potentially costly errors, drive programming quality and improve system performance
The expertise areas listed do not represent a comprehensive list of IBM Research capabilities. Please contact IBM Research Services today to learn how we can help you.