Giving businesses powerful new tools and methods to help streamline operations, reduce costs, mitigate risk and maximize ROI
In a highly competitive global marketplace, businesses are seeking to significantly reduce costs and decision cycles, improve accuracy and quality of resource management, implement effective risk management, enhance pricing and supply chain management, and increase market intelligence and customer insight. Our interdisciplinary team of computer scientists, mathematicians, analytics experts and developers can bring their deep skills in applied probability, optimization, simulation, statistics, queuing, machine learning, data mining and other related areas to drive better business decision making.
IBM Research Services provides an opportunity for you to partner with leading experts and access unique intellectual property that helps companies do just that—optimize, plan, model, analyze and transform their business into a more agile, flexible and adaptable enterprise. Using advanced analytic methods on combinations of real-time and historical data, IBM Research Services can help businesses sharpen strategic thinking and plan for the future.
The following is a sampling of the areas Research is working in today and the kinds of expertise that we can make available to you through IBM Research Services:
- Customer insight: applying advanced data mining, machine learning, predictive analytics and sophisticated algorithms to vast amounts of corporate, CRM and Web data to reveal key information on customer behavior, preferences and pain points
- Large-scale optimization: employing deep skills in applied probability, optimization, simulation, mathematics and other related areas across large, complex enterprises to determine the optimal operation for improving business results
- Market insight and brand protection: deeper and broader monitoring of corporate and brand reputation protection through novel applications of text analytics and advanced data mining to information on the Web, including news, blogs, forums, Web sites
- Supply chain solutions: optimizing, planning, modeling and analyzing complex supply chain and transportation processes
- Workforce analytics: optimizing the management of human resources through advanced analytical capabilities, including demand forecasting, capacity planning and skills matching
The expertise areas listed do not represent a comprehensive list of IBM Research capabilities. Please contact IBM Research Services today to learn how we can help you.